Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School is a welcoming and active community. We aim to build strong relationships between school, families, our parish and our local community.
We value the participation of the wider community in the life of the school and recognise the importance of parents and the wider community in each child’s learning and development.
We encourage the participation of the parents and the community by taking roles on the School Board and it’s sub-committees such as fundraising, Parents and Friends Association, school initiatives helping out of with school events and in the classroom.
We aim to develop children that are both aware of communities and can willingly contribute to the needs of local and global communities.
Here at Immaculate Heart, we are proud to be a community of faith and learning who work in partnership with parents, our parish and the wider community. We provide a comprehensive programme that meets the needs and interests of all children.
We provide many opportunities for our parents and wider community to contribute to our school:
- A rich Religious Education Program that works collaboratively with our parish
- Opportunities for parents to assist in the classroom as classroom helpers
- Interschool Sport – Grades 5 & 6
- Chess Club
- Regular assemblies, which are lead by our Grade 6 school captains and leaders
- Choir Groups
- School Board
- Sacramental celebrations
- Before and After School Care